Natural ways to shrink uterine fibroids involve lots of different options. In case there are no symptoms of uterine fibroids, the best thing is to wait and keep a lookout for signs. Fibroids don’t usually hamper pregnancy and are benign. Uterine fibroids tend to reduce in size after the menopausal stage when the estrogen levels drop. Medications to this case are given that interfere with the menstrual cycle. Such medications treat symptoms like excessive bleeding and pelvic pain. In this case, they help shrink the fibroids in size. One permanent approach for uterine fibroids is through Hysterectomy surgery wherein the uterus is removed. After this procedure, one can no longer bear a child anymore. Hence, there are lots of natural ways to shrink uterine fibroids that can help decrease the risk of further developing of uterine fibroids in the uterus.
Here are some natural ways to shrink uterine fibroids:
- One of the natural ways to shrink uterine fibroids is warming up some castor oil and applying it on the abdominal part. It helps in alleviating cramping and pelvic pain.
- Using lavender oil is also one of the natural ways to shrink uterine fibroids. It is well known in relieving pain and promoting better blood flow. You can use a minimal drop of this oil and massage your abdomen.
- You also need to make sure that you have sufficient liquid intake such as water, vegetable and fresh fruit juices. You need to drink few liters of water each day. Avoid black tea, coffee, carbonated drinks and red wine.
- In treating painful cramps, you can run a bath of warm water and soak in it for 30 minutes. It helps in soothing the discomfort. Hot compress is also a natural way to shrink uterine fibroids like using a hot water bottle or a heating pad.
- You need to avoid foods that are in rich of sugar and fats. You also need to avoid consuming processed foods, foods containing additives and red meat.
- Fiber helps in soaking excess amounts of estrogen levels in the body. Including foods that have large amounts of fiber in your diet is essential and beneficial such as oats, bran flakes, brown rice, and whole grain breads.
- Instead of tampons, you can use sanitary napkins during menstruation.
- In treating uttering fibroids, certain herbs are beneficial and are used as natural ways to shrink uterine fibroids. Dandelion assists in balancing hormonal levels and encouraging fibroids to shrink in size. It is also available in the form of capsules. Aside from dandelion, milk thistle is also believed to treat uterine fibroids. It assists in regulating the estrogen levels in the body and promotes shrinking of those.
These are just a few of natural ways to shrink uterine fibroids. Learning all these ways are truly beneficial and essential for all people most especially for women. There are also two types of surgeries that can treat uterine fibroids and these are Myomectomy and Hysterectomy. The difference between the two is that Myomectomy is the removal of the fibroids in the uterus while the Hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus itself.